List:       konq-e
Subject:    Media file handling
From:       Zhan Peng-FPZ007 <peng.zhan () motorola ! com>
Date:       2002-08-26 18:31:54

Hi Paul:

I got the konqueror-embedded from KDE website as source code and compiled it with \
Qtopia 1.5 sdk from Sharp. I believed it is the 2001 march version. The Mpegplayer \
comes with my Zaurus 5000 and I didn't do anything about it.

I think using the file MIME type to fire the specific handling application is THE way \
to go, but I do not know how. I am willing to change the konqueror source code if \
necessary.

Talking about writing a wget script, how can I trigger that in the browser code? The \
reason why I use the "External Protocols" is to find a quick and dirty solution but I \
can't pass the right runing arguments with it. With html like ".. playmovie:test.mpg \
", even when the mpg file IS in local file system. The player still can't find it. \
What did I do wrong?

Thank you.

Peng

> I might need a media player that can get/handle the media from the web
> by
itself.

Was this some binary download specific for Zaurus? Or you compiled it from sources?

The CVS version knows how to retrieve the data and pipe it trough a player. It does \
so by looking at the MIME type, not the protocol.

BTW, you can also build a script to download the file via wget and play it later. \
Remember to replace "playwav:" with "http:".

Paul