List:       konq-e
Subject:    Announcement: Flash support added
From:       "Paul Chitescu" <Paul.Chitescu () IMC-Group ! org>
Date:       2002-08-01 18:32:05

Hi, fellows developers!

I've just added a KFlashPart add-on based on the GPL "Flash Library for
Linux" - http://www.swift-tools.com/Flash/ . I modified the code so that it
draws directly on a QImage - no more X required.

Since the library only supports 16, 24 and 32 bit modes expect low
performance if in palette mode. Also some pictures and effects are distorted
since there's no dithering - just color mapping.

It does handle at least some of the Flash files in the wild - you can go to
http://www.macromedia.com/ to check it. Beware, mouse clicks don't work
well, try to drag the mouse a little over the link. The mouse cursor also
vanishes sometimes - I'll have to look into libflash to see what happens.

Sources are as usual in CVS ( KONQE_1_0_BRANCH ). To enable Flash support
you should add to your ./configure command line either:
--enable-add-ons=kflashpart
 or
--enable-add-ons
 (this enables all add-ons - but only kflashpart exists for now)

Missing CVS access, use this snapshot:
http://users.pcnet.ro/pchitescu/Konq-Embedded-CVS-20020801.tar.gz

Bug reports are welcome as usual. Note: please don't report on konq/e
problems that can be reproduced with the full version of Konqueror.

Paul Chitescu