List:       konq-e
Subject:    cannot compile kde embedded help plez!
From:       "Yu Lei" <tim_lei () hotmail ! com>
Date:       2002-07-26 7:08:26

Hello all,

   I downloaded the snapshot of konqueror-embedded from the following
address
http://devel-home.kde.org/~hausmann/snapshots/konqueror-embedded-snapshot_20020127.tar.gz

   After I extracted the file, I typed in:

   ./configure

   in bash to run the configure script and the configure script failed and
printed out the following error message:

   checking for Qt... configure: error: Qt (>= Qt 2.2.2) (library qt) not
found.
   Please check your installation!For more details about this problem, look
at the end of config.log.

   Seems like it's suggesting my QT version is either outdated or not there.
   However, I do have QT version 3.0.4 installed on my Slackware 8.1.
Following is my QT path settings:

   LD_LIBRARY_PATH="/usr/lib/qt-3.0.4/lib"
   QTDIR="/usr/lib/qt-3.0.4"

MANPATH="/usr/local/man:/usr/man:/usr/X11R6/man:/usr/lib/qt-3.0.4/doc/man"

   I've checked the directories and the libraries are there.
   Would someone please tell me if I've done something wrong?
   I'm new to linux maybe I'm missing something really obvious. Thanks for
your help!

   Tim Lei