List:       konq-e
Subject:    Adding a simple key filter?
From:       Dominic Coulombe <dcoulombe () harfangmicro ! com>
Date:       2002-07-23 19:03:23

Hi,

I would like to add or modify some of the existing keyboard shortcuts in
Konq-e.

For an example, I would like to close a window with the current Ctrl+W
-OR- with a custom key, let's say the F3 key.  It is important to me to
override some of the shortcuts because I plan to test the browser on an
embedded device, that doesn't have a standard keybord (only a keypad)
and no mice.

I know I could add some QAction in the konq-embed/src/mainwindowbase.cc
file, but that would be a patch and I will have to re-modify this file
every time I update the browser.

I tried to apply a simple eventFilter to the toplevel MainWindowBase
object, but as I move the focus to another control (let's say the
QComboBox m_locationCombo - where you input the URL), my key are not
listened anymore.

NOTE : If you plan to use konq-e without a mouse, don't forget that some
of the message boxes that are popped doesn't have any default button, so
unless you modify the way they are called in
konq-embed/dropin/kmessagebox.cpp , you will be stuck!

If you have a simple and clean solution to my shortcuts problems, please
help.

--
Dominic Coulombe

HARFANG Microtechniques inc.