List:       konq-e
Subject:    Building Konq/e for Ipaq [Was: CVS branches]
From:       Matthew Sheats <sheats () los-alamos ! net>
Date:       2002-07-14 2:09:39

	For about two weeks now I've been trying to get an ARM build of
Konq/e for iPaq Linux with QPE.  I finally got to the linking stage.  With
a makefile modification I was able to resolve all the symbols and get a
binary.  (I had to add -L$QTDIR -lqpe to $LIBS)

	Anyway, my ipkg attempt just makes ipkg segfault, so I just tarred
up a make install output and sent it over to the iPaq.  I untarred it in
/opt/QtPalmtop and everything seems in place.

	ssh'd in, if I execute ./konqueror, I first get a complaint about
not being able to find libqte.so.2.  I added /opt/QtPalmtop/lib to my
LD_LIBRARY_PATH and try again.  This time I get:

	./konqueror: error while loading shared libraries: unexpected PLT
reloc type 0x00

	I can't get past this one.  I've tried building with
--enable-static but it doesn't seem to help.  Anyone have an idea?

        My current configure string is:

$ ./configure --prefix=/home/sheats/ipaq-local/binaries --host=arm
--enable-embedded --with-gui=qpe
--with-qtopia-dir=$HOME/ipaq-local/src/opie
--with-qt-dir=$HOME/ipaq-local/src/qt-2.3.2 --enable-readwrite
--enable-launchpanel --enable-cgi --enable-ftp --enable-fontsubs
--enable-static

	While I'm at it, why isn't anyone update the binary ipkg feed
anymore?  Someone obviously knows how to do this better than me. :)

	Thanks, Matt Sheats