List:       konq-e
Subject:    Konqueror/Embedded problem
From:       "Dennis Thrush" <dennis.thrush () york ! com>
Date:       2002-03-14 14:50:40

Simon,

Our company is trying to use your Konqueror/Embedded package for a project
we're starting on.  I have configured and built your package
(konqueror-embedded-snapshot-20020219), hooking it up with Qt/Embedded,
using the following sequence of commands:

./configure --prefix=/usr/local --enable-qt-embedded --enable-embedded --ena
ble-static
               --disable-shared --disable-closure --disable-debug
               --with-qt-dir=/root/qt-emb
   make
   make install

Everything seems to build fine.  When I run the program using the command
"konqueror -qws", the browser window appears,
and the following message is displayed on the text screen behind the browser
window:

  QAction::setAccel()  (saveDocument) requires widget in parent chain.

Is this a problem??

Then, I type the name of an html file (/test.htm) that resides locally in
the root directory into the location bar.
The file "test.htm" contains the following simple lines:

<head>
<title>Title</title>
</head>
Main Menu

The background color appears correctly, and the text and its color (red)
appear correctly.  However, there are various random garbage characters that
appear after (below) the text "Main Menu".  When I hit the reload button,
the same thing happens, but different garbage characters appear.  When I
load the exact same html file into the standard KDE Konqueror, everything
works fine.  Any suggestions?

Thanks!!

Denny Thrush
Frick Controls