List:       konq-e
Subject:    Re: Help me!!  How to get the QPF fonts form the TTF fonts??
From:       "Paul Chitescu" <pchitescu () pchitescu ! myip ! org>
Date:       2001-10-29 11:03:00

----- Original Message -----
From: "root" <shoo4u@aronn.com>
To: <konq-e@mail.kde.org>
Sent: Monday, October 29, 2001 11:01 AM

> How to get the QPF fonts form the TTF fonts??
> Date: Mon, 29 Oct 2001 17:12:21 +0900
> From: root <shoo4u@aronn.com>
> To: konq-e-request@kde.org
>
> I have some TTF fonts, but those are too big.
> I have to convert TTF font to QPF font..
> What can I do ??
>
> Thank for reading.. ^__^

See the Qt/Embedded manual, the procedure is detailed there.

Basically, you have to run the Qt/E application with the -savefonts argument
that will force the Qt library to save a QPF font for each face and size
used in program. Later you can recompile Qt without non-qpf support.

Note however that I ran into some trouble using only QPF fonts - the fonts
database seems to fail to list them. In Konq/E the effect is that you cannot
select fonts in the Apperance tab.

--
 Paul Chitescu