List:       kolab-users
Subject:    Re: Status of Kolab Community Edition?
From:       "Reitelbach, Thomas" <tr () erdfunkstelle ! de>
Date:       2024-05-03 5:53:18

Am 03.05.2024 00:01, schrieb Geoff Nordli:
> There is a lot of development still going on.
>
> Is there a suggested on the best distribution to use with kolab?
> Alma, Rocky 9, Debian, Ubuntu?

Hi Geoff,

the team around apheleia-it has changed from CentOS to Alma Linux - at
least they are building RPMs for it, as I can see.

At least the RPMs on their mirror "mirror.apheleit-it.ch" are
installable which is not the case for Debian Packages.

Yesterday I managed to install Debian 11 packages. The "setup-kolab"
needed some tweaks to run (wrong python versions in the shebang of the
script and some other python related bugs). But it still leaves an
unusable system afterwards so I gave up on it.

My guess is, it needs some new volunteers on the community edition to
make it work again. First step would be to understand the established
infrastructure around the build process and OBS. But I think this users
mailing list is not the best place to discuss things on this topic -
devel mailing list would be more appropriate.

Cheers
Thomas