List:       kroupware
Subject:    Re: z-push and N900 Mail for Exchange
From:       Thorsten Schnebeck <thorsten.schnebeck () gmx ! net>
Date:       2010-02-19 23:17:48

Am Freitag 19 Februar 2010 23:19:52 schrieb Alexander Schröter:
> Am 19.02.2010 23:03, schrieb Thorsten Schnebeck:
> > Am Freitag 19 Februar 2010 21:53:30 schrieb Alexander Schröter:
> >
> > > Am 19.02.2010 13:51, schrieb Gavin McCullagh:
> > >

> > > But now the sad part ... not working yet :( My phone is a N900 and I am
> > > using the following setup.
> > >
> > What version of z-push have you installed? You can not use the latest 1.3 stuff.
> > You need at least a post-42.2009 N900 firmware. Current firmware is 3.2010.02-8
> >

> Hi current N900 firmware is 3.2010.02-8 so high enough.
> z-push backend I used 1.3 RC2 which I guess is the one you tell me I
> should not use ... which one is it than?

I use z-push-1.2.3_RC

> > > E-Mail Address: the one specified in kolab for my account
> > > User Name: the username without the domain
> > >
> > wrong, its with domain
> >
> Thought so since I had problems loging into imap without domain.
> >
> > > Password: according to the user
> > > Domain: my kolab servers maildomain
> > >
> > IIRC this is for z-push only a dummy info.
> >

> > > Server: my kolab server
> > > port 443
> > >
> > if you want to use https you have to fight with nokias certification set-up and \
> > there are some really long threads on maemo.org about this ;-) Please use for a \
> > first try port 80 and http without certs. You can also use openvpn to secure your \
> > client server connection. The N900 has strong openvpn support.
> >
> Ok I tried the non secure connection and I got something about internal
> error ... which I guess is what you mean with don't use the 1.3 z-push?

yep, 1.3 has new parameters for some functions, so you have to patch current \
kolabbackend to make it work. But I think Alain and Gunnar do work for better kolab \
integration and latest z-push support. By now use the 1.2.x branch of z-push, I use \
1.2.3RC

Bye

  Thorsten

P.S. no need for a cc: to my mail address - I am a subscripted ML member ;-)