List:       kolab-users
Subject:    Re: cyrus imap sync
From:       "Alain Spineux" <aspineux () gmail ! com>
Date:       2008-04-21 17:18:59

On Mon, Apr 21, 2008 at 3:05 PM, Gabriele Di Giambelardini
<gabriele_d_g@yahoo.it> wrote:

> Hi to all, I have a problem for sync my master kolab server and the slave.
> I'd like to use the sync cyrus commands, but seems kolab not include it.
> Some body know if is it possible? and the way?

What you want to do is unclear!

The master slave kolab's architecture is not a cluster nor a redundant solution.
The goal is just be scalable by distributing mailboxes around multiple
kolab servers and
keep all the management simple.

If you want a redundancy solution, cyrus provide a real time
replication system (but this is a full time work to configure and maintain it).
More simple, imapsync is a perl script able to synchronize mailboxes (or
a full imap tree) that you must run a regular time. A lot more CPU hungry that
the first one but a lot less headache.

Despite both can be used in a kolab environment, none
of them are supported by kolab.

> thanks

Alain Spineux
aspineux gmail com