List:       kolab-format
Subject:    RE: timezones, question of
From:       "Joon Radley" <joon () radleys ! co ! za>
Date:       2009-02-05 18:38:34

Hi Gunnar,

> > As long as you have the time, I do not think it matters in which
> > timezone you have created the appointment.
>
> Which hints at another problem of the Kolab format: For full day events
> we drop the time information and here we really loose critical
> information if the event does not take place in our own timezone.

This is a tricky one. How would you associate Christmas day or new year with timezone \
information? Would they change to another day from another timezone perspective?

Birthdays and anniversaries is another issue if the person is in a big timezone \
difference. You can send them a message and they will only receive it the next day if \
they have gone home already. This would require events with timezone perspective, \
which will drive everyone nuts.

All day events are exactly that a day. If you want to schedule and event that will \
last the "whole" day, you create a normal event starting at 08:00 with a duration of \
8 hours.

Best Regards

Joon Radley
Radley Network Technologies CC