List:       kolab-format
Subject:    RE: inline-attachments tag
From:       "Joon Radley" <joon () radleys ! co ! za>
Date:       2007-05-09 17:09:22

Hi Volker,

> So, how should inline attachments be handled correctly?

The problem with the inline attachment-tag is threefold:
a) The tag was never implemented as we saw during implementation that it was not a \
good idea. Why it remained the documentation is a bit of a mystery. b) Implementing \
it now would mean retouching every object on existing servers. c) Does not work for \
normal/RC2822 messages.

What I would suggest that we add a MIME header to the headers of meta attachments, \
e.g. X-KOLAB-META: true. We both currently have code to deal with the Toltec.dat \
attachments, so there will be no backwards compatibility issues. By adding the mime \
header you can get the same and even better functionality than the inline-attachment \
tag.

Best Regards

Joon Radley
Radley Network Technologies CC