List:       kolab-devel
Subject:    Re: [Kolab-devel] New Kontact for windows available?
From:       Thomas Reitelbach <tr () erdfunkstelle ! de>
Date:       2014-03-12 17:44:35

Am Dienstag, 11. M=E4rz 2014, 11:33:45 schrieb Torsten Grote:
> On Thursday 20 February 2014 16:28:41 Thomas Reitelbach wrote:
> > I stumble upon my outdated version of Kontact for Windows (which is from
> > 7/2013). One of my problems is, that this old kontact still stores
> > contacts
> > using the  old v2-Format.
> =

> This one already supports v3 format:
> =

>     http://mirror.kolabsys.com/pub/upload/windows/K3-Kontact-Beta-latest.=
exe

Hm...
I use this Version for some months now and I usually use the mailbox wizzar=
d =

within Kontact to configure the Kolab account. When the wizzard asks for th=
e =

URL of the Kolab-Server you can choose if it should use Version V2 or V3 (v=
3 =

is set up as default setting).

Of course I always choose v3 for my Kolab 3.1 server, but I see that Kontac=
t =

uses v2 regardless of this setting.

On further investigation I found these settings:

Kontact -> Settings -> setup Kontact -> Calendar -> Allgemein (Common in =

english?) -> calendar
Here you can configure the Kolab-Ressource and set up which Kolab storage =

format should be used for different configured Kolab accounts. Regardless o=
f =

the setting in the mailbox wizzard all new kolab ressources always use Vers=
ion =

2 and you have to change it here.
Afterwards Kontact seems to be mostly compatible to the new storage format =
and =

new events/contacts/etc. are beeing stored using version 3.

Is it really only me who encounters this bug? =

Or am I doing something wrong?

Bye
Thomas