List:       kolab-devel
Subject:    Re: [Kolab-devel] 10.000 events in a Resource Calendar
From:       Martin Konold <martin.konold () erfrakon ! de>
Date:       2012-05-22 12:57:29

Am Dienstag, 22. Mai 2012, 14:46:26 schrieb Thomas Jarosch:

Hi Thomas,

> You might want to reconsider "freebusyd", which solved that exact
> problem for years now: https://roundup.kolab.org/issue2554

Thanks for bringing the attention to this existing and well proven solution.

> After we introduced freebusyd, updating the freebusy data
> was never an issue again.

Yes, and therefore the further optimization for an enhanced freebusy URL wa=
s =

never required.

Honestly the freebusyd approach suffers from the NIH-Syndrome and therefore =

lacks acceptance within some people ;-)

I must admit though that the Kolab approach to scalability is sometimes not =

intuitive to a typical web developer who is used to abuse the state of a =

database in order to fake a stateful application on top of a stateless =

protocol (http).

Yours,
-- martin

-- =

--  =

e r f r a k o n
Sitz: Adolfstra=DFe 23, 70469 Stuttgart, Partnerschaftsregister Stuttgart P=
R 126
http://www.erfrakon.com/