List:       kolab-devel
Subject:    Re: [Kolab-devel] Calender support.
From:       Bernhard Reiter <bernhard () intevation ! de>
Date:       2004-11-30 13:35:50

[Attachment #2 (text/plain)]

On Tuesday 30 November 2004 12:43, Hannessen, MS wrote:
> This might not be directly related to the kolab project so I hope you
> people aren't going to shoot me for asking, but..

..you might not get a helpful answer...

> I own a server with postfix / cyrus imap / openldap / sieve
> From what I have learned from configuring this server postfix seems to
> be the one doing SMTP and delivery of mail to cyrus imap.
> Cyrus Imap in turn is responsible for pop3 and imap
> Openldap is used by both for user authirisation.
> Sieve does the server side filtering of mail.

Correct.

> The kolab project seems to use exactly these programs but it also has
> calender support.
> Can anybody tell me what programs, scripts, backends are used for this?

Sure, we use the Kolab Concept
(there is a draft of the architecture document on the web).

We use the Kolab2 XML Storage format, which saves each calendar
information in a single email inside folders with imap annotations.
(You need an imap server with those annotations enabled.)

Invitations are send back an forth with iCalendar.
We do have a resources client on the server
side based on Horde code that understands iCalendar.
The freebusy lists are triggered and fetched via http(s).

> If these components are in kolab only can they be extracted to work with
> my setup?

A lot of the funcationality is on the clients and in the whole
integrated system. Yes, you can do it, but it is exactely the integration
work we are doing within the Kolab implementations.

Bernhard

["smime.p7s" (application/pkcs7-signature)]
["smime.p7s" (application/pkcs7-signature)]