List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: Getting Started
From:       Werner Trobin <trobin () kde ! org>
Date:       2001-09-01 13:44:34

Marc wrote:

> I'm in the process of downloading the koffice sources and doing a build.

This is about the worst time you could choose :)
We're in process of porting KDE and KOffice to Qt 3 (beta4) and
the whole desktop is very shaky. Also KOffice easily crashes and
there are several known bugs which have to be fixed before we can
do any serious work.

> Once I get past that, how do I best get started assisting with KOffice
> development? (The answer to this is probably in a FAQ somewhere - if so,
> please send the link...)

Right now I suggest downloading the source code of the releases (KDE 2.2
and KOffice 1.1) to be able to build/use it. Then I suggest selecting
something you're interested in and write a mail to the list about your
plans.

Ciao,
Werner