List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: RTF import
From:       Tomasz Grobelny <grotk () poczta ! onet ! pl>
Date:       2001-08-28 18:37:54

Ewald Snel has written an RTF Import filer. It is functional although it has
a lot of bugs as after our discussion he made a lot of changes in it. These
changes made the filter easily managable and extensible (just add a function
and an entry in a special table and you have new control word supported). It
is being made faster as QDom is too slow and memory consuming for large(>100
pages) documents. The only thing I did is taking part in discussion and
codepage support (added yesterday). I hope to do more for the project. I
invite everyone to work on the filter with us (but ask Ewald Snel
<ewald@rambo.its.tudelft.nl>).
I started working on my filter(just as you did), then I posted similar mail
to this list and then I contacted Ewald to start discussing about new filter.
It was about a month ago. If you want to get source code ask me or Ewald (a
better choice).

Tomasz Grobelny

--

OnetKomunikator - porozumiesz sie