List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    RTF import
From:       Frank Dekervel <Frank.dekervel () student ! kuleuven ! ac ! Be>
Date:       2001-08-28 3:22:04

Hello,

i've been toying with the RTF import filter of kword a bit.
I got the tokenizer working (it tokenized the test document and a document
generated by staroffice correctly), and now i am trying to make it output a
flat kword document. I use a QDomDocument, but for some reason the
toCString-> output is empty (altough i do setContent before with something
non-empty), and for some other reason, LD starts showing debug output, i
don't know why (a recompile sometimes makes it go away, and it only happens
with the filter). i get output like:
21835:  symbol=__cxa_finalize;  lookup in file=/usr/lib/libkdeui.so.3
21835:  symbol=__cxa_finalize;  lookup in file=/usr/lib/libkstore.so.1
21835:  symbol=__cxa_finalize;  lookup in file=/usr/lib/libkdecore.so.3
21835:  symbol=__cxa_finalize;  lookup in file=/lib/libc.so.6
21835:  symbol=__deregister_frame_info;  lookup in file=rtf2kwd
21835:  symbol=__deregister_frame_info;  lookup in file=rtf2kwd
21835:  symbol=_IO_flush_all;  lookup in file=rtf2kwd
21835:  symbol=_IO_flush_all;  lookup in file=/usr/lib/libqt.so.2
and i don't know how to get rid of it ...
The filter is not yet functional (its not a real filter yet, just a test
application , as described in filter status page), the code is not clean
(altough the fixes for the tokenizer seem to be fully okay and needed here),
but it would be cool if someone had a look at it, and show some obvious
mistakes, since this is my first koffice-related coding attempt...
My attempts are here (patch against koffice/filters/kword/rtf/input)

http://www.student.kuleuven.ac.be/~m9823990/import.patch.gz

greetings,
Thanks for your help in advance,
Frank