List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: Patch for header/footer
From:       shaheed <srhaque () iee ! org>
Date:       2001-08-23 20:03:48

> Looking at the rest of the code in those methods.... Ouch! There are tons
> of frameset-type-specific tests... This is bad, if we add new framesets
> types they won't be handled. What you want is to say: stop editing the
> frameset, or any inline frameset that's inside it, right ? What about
> fixing this in KWCanvas::terminateEditing then ?  (We'd also avoid the code
> duplication).

BTW: this was exactly why I originally suggested to make tables like any
other frameset using virtualisation and delegation for the individual cells.
I know I did not get the implementation right first time and various people
(:-)) had to fnish the work...but perhaps there is merit in the idea?

IMHO, the frameset type should be a private member: it should only be needed
for serialisation purposes.