List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: Creating a sub-menu "Encoding" in "View"
From:       Thomas Zander <zander () planescape ! com:thomas ! planescape ! com>
Date:       2001-08-22 21:15:04

You made 2 mistakes;

first a imput filter can have a dialog, take a look at the kspread CSV
import filter for an example.

Second, its completely out of scope for kword to have an encoding inside the
program; the encoding will only be used with a small number of input filters.
You are proposing something like we put the gasoline-input point in the
dashboard, its does not belong there.

The correct solve is to have a better checking (possibly visual) for the
encoding inside the input filter. Put this on your TODO list :)