List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    KOffice 1.1 Release
From:       Werner Trobin <trobin () kde ! org>
Date:       2001-08-10 16:25:26

Hi!

As KDE 2.2 already has been branched it looks like the whole KDE CVS got
unfrozen and e.g Michael Matz fixed KOffice to compile with the recent
HEAD kdelibs. To prevent stuff like that from happening I decided that it
might be a good idea to create a KOFFICE_1_1_BRANCH and open HEAD for
commits.

This means that as of now KOffice HEAD is unfrozen and we can e.g. put
KWORD_WYSIWYG back in the HEAD branch.

Thinking about binary comatibility issues I think it's safe to break
BC if neccesary as the next KOffice version (1.2?) will be released
after the switch to Qt 3. If we decide to release 1.1.1 we will work
with the KOFFICE_1_1_BRANCH anyway, so this also isn't a problem.
However, it would be nice if we could keep source compatibility :)

I'll now revert the patch reversion of Michael Matz (hehe :) and
merge the KWord stuff to HEAD (let's hope that cvs book covers that
topic ;).

Ciao,
Werner