List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: PATCH: kspread html export
From:       Carsten Pfeiffer <carpdjih () cetus ! zrz ! tu-berlin ! de>
Date:       2001-07-30 23:06:10

On Montag, 30. Juli 2001 09:51 shaheed wrote:

> Pretty much all the filters have this code. While it is certainly not going
> to be fast, I didn't consider the obfuscation of the alternatives worth the
> bother for the MsWord filter.

I only guessed the context, that the to be processed string might be a very
large document (100 pages?), so it might be worth a little obfuscation :)

Kevin's patch was exactly what I had in mind -- probably with a list of
character to string mappings as argument to suit the needs of other filters,
as Nicolas pointed out.

> Warning: I'm only writing this note because its too hot to sleep, and
> because I have spoken to Carsten for a while :-)

:)) Maybe there will be another KDE/KOffice meeting, soon?

Cheers
Carsten "Thermometer says 28.3°C" Pfeiffer