List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: PATCH: kspread html export
From:       Nicolas Goutte <nicog () snafu ! de>
Date:       2001-07-29 20:32:18

On Sunday, 29. July 2001 01:03, Daniel Naber wrote:
> Hi,
>
> can I commit this?
>
> -escape <, > and & unless it is markup

OK!

Just as a note, you could also write it:

  text.replace(QRegExp("&"), "&amp;")
       .replace(QRegExp("<"), "&lt;")
       .replace(QRegExp(">"), "&gt;");

Also note that you create and destroy the QRegExp each time, which may not be
efficient for big KSpread files.

> -don't claim utf-8, because it isn't, at least with my tests?!

Yes, this is KDE Bug #27882 "KSpread's HTML Export: wrong charset used or
declared" ( http://bugs.kde.org/db/27/27882.html )

I had hoped that it would be solved the other way around, i.e. that the
filter exports in UTF-8 as KWord's HTML export filter, but I have never got
an answer to my bug report. :-(

> -don't miss pre/post texts
> -do not skip *single* empty lines
> -slightly better way to find a title

I have no ideas about these three. I know KSpread and this filter not well
enough.

> Regards
>  Daniel

Have a nice day/evening/night!