List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    KWORD_WYSIWYG and libkotext
From:       David Faure <david () mandrakesoft ! com>
Date:       2001-07-28 17:08:23

I imported some new stuff in CVS, in separate branches to keep the stable code for koffice-1.1.

libkotext
=======
This library aims to provide a complete text object for reuse in KPresenter
and maybe Kontour. It supports the doc/view design (KoTextObject and
KoTextView), zooming, and wysiwyg (see below).

To get this lib, use this command:

cd lib; cvs upd -r libkotext_after_1_1 configure.in.in kotext

and then re-run Makefile.cvs etc. (needed for the new defines in the Makefiles)
This way you can get the lib to cohabit with all the rest, no problem here.
You simply need to "make install" in libkotext, it's not compiled by default.
If you want to start integrating this new class in any of the existing koffice apps,
please speak up !

KWORD_WYSIWYG
=================
I have ported KWord to this new library, in a separate branch, KWORD_WYSIWYG.
This new version of KWord aims to have real wysiwyg support (the line breaks and
the paragraphs in the page are at the same position at all zoom levels; printing not
tested yet, but same idea should apply there).
You can either get that using cvs upd -r KWORD_WYSIWYG in koffice/kword, or you
can do something like:
cp -a kword kword.wysiwyg
cd kword.wysiwyg
cvs upd -r KWORD_WYSIWYG
cd ..
create_makefiles kword.wysiwyg

This way you can get both versions of kword checked out.

Ok, this was mainly because Laurent asked and I thought I'd rather say this
only once, but if you check this stuff out, it means you want to work on it - I know
that there are many repainting bugs at the moment.