List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: kontour & QCanvas
From:       Werner Trobin <trobin () kde ! org>
Date:       2001-07-25 6:39:19

On Tuesday 24 July 2001 21:05, Igor Janssen wrote:
> hi all!
>
> I have idea to use QCanvas at kontour.
> I think it will be better for speed
> anyone know this stuff?
> I want discuss this item
>
> I think QCanvas object will be at KontourDocument object and QCanvasView at
> KontourView
> I dont know about transformated objects...as I see QCanvas dont support
> drawing transformated objects

Hi!

Last time I checked QCanvas I found two problems which kept me from using
it:
- It doesn't (didn't?) support zooming at all. IIRC it does now, but last
  time I checked a zoomed view behaved really bad performance wise.
- Printing isn't easy to get right (as in, nice output for images,...)
- If you have a huge "paper" (e.g. A1 or so) the memory consumption is huge
- Sometimes they seem to mix double/int which makes it harder to get it behave
  properly at different zoom levels.

If these issues are resolved I think you can use it; IMHO.

Ciao,
Werner