List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    KDE 2.2 release: current schedule
From:       Waldo Bastian <bastian () kde ! org>
Date:       2001-07-16 17:30:59

Hiya,

This is to keep you up to date with the status of the KDE 2.2 release. I have
added a bit more time in the schedule in order to fix security problems that
exist with our use of https at the moment. I hope that everyone else can use
this time to do some additional bugfixing. Please be very carefull and send
patches of your changes to a mailinglist for review first. *)

The up to date schedule for the KDE 2.2 release is as follows:

From http://developer.kde.org/development-versions/kde-2.2-release-plan.html

KDE 2.2 final
============

Monday July 16

The HEAD branch goes into deep-freeze. All commits should be posted for
review _BEFORE_ commiting.

Sunday July 29

Last day for translations, documentation, icons and critical bugfixes commits.

Monday July 30

The HEAD branch of CVS is tagged KDE_2_2_RELEASE and the day is spent testing
the release a final time.

Tuesday July 31

The tarballs are made and released to the packagers.

The rest of the week is spent testing the tarballs, packaging and writing the
announcement and changelog.

Friday August 3

The source and binary packages are uploaded to ftp.kde.org to give some time
for the mirrors to get them.

Monday August 6

Announce KDE 2.2.

Frequently Asked Questions

Q) Which packages are included?

A) The current list of packages that will be in the 2.2 release is:

                      kdelibs
                      kdebase
                      kdenetwork
                      kdegraphics
                      kdeadmin
                      kdemultimedia
                      kdegames
                      kdeutils
                      kdetoys
                      kdepim
                      kdesdk
                      kdebindings
                      kdevelop
                      kdoc
                      New package: kdeaddons
                      New package: kdeartwork

Cheers,
Waldo
--
bastian@kde.org | SuSE Labs KDE Developer | bastian@suse.com

*) Last week someone commited a trivial patch to kio_http.cc which broke HTTP
for everyone. That wouldn't have happened if he had posted the patch for
review first! (Sorry :-)