List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: Adobe and KIllustrator
From:       dep <dennispowell () earthlink ! net>
Date:       2001-07-02 18:17:45

On Monday 02 July 2001 11:18 am, Kai-Uwe Sattler wrote:

| Yes, these were my arguments. But now I think KDraw could bring the
| same problems and KWord (MS-Word) and KOffice (MS-Office) etc.
| I just called the lawyer and he said he wants the money ... So, be
| prepared to rename everything in KDE ...

again, drop a note to eben moglen. the lawyer for adobe will take
anything he can get, and if he could talk you into giving him your
pants, he would try -- until another lawyer gets in touch and
threatens to make it expensive for adobe, after which adobe's lawyer
will run away like a kicked mongrel pup. adobe does not own the word
illustrator, anymore than southwestern north americans own the word
adobe.

--
dep

there's more to history than what's in books;
that's why it took so long to happen.