List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: Plans for the port of KPresenter to the new QRT stuff
From:       David Faure <david () mandrakesoft ! com>
Date:       2001-07-02 12:52:07

On Monday 02 July 2001 19:45, Vadim Plessky wrote:
> On Sunday 01 July 2001 17:43, David Faure wrote:
> [...]
> |
> |   I suggest to put all those classes, together with the QRT classes,
> |   into a new koffice library called libkofficetext or something like that.
> |
> May I suggest libktext or librichtext?
> As you described this library as very universal, it can be used in other apps.
> (not only in KOffice)

Yes, that day we'll move it somewhere else... since it'll go into koffice/lib
for now, and have Ko in all the class names, I'd rather use a koffice naming
for it :)
I also don't see why a non-office-suite app would need it. For a widget to
edit richtext, it should rather use QTextEdit (from Qt3 or knotes' backport)
Keep in mind that this stuff supports zooming, doc/view separation etc.
Typically the stuff for office suites only :)

> May be, it will find its way (named librichtext) even to non-KDE apps :-)
> // just like arts2 did.

Except that this lib is heavily based on Qt.