List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: Adobe and KIllustrator
From:       Thomas Zander <zander () planescape ! com>
Date:       2001-07-02 13:27:35

On Mon, Jul 02, 2001 at 09:27:28AM +0200, Kai-Uwe Sattler wrote:
> Hi,
> I have just received a dissuasion from an Adobe lawyer that the name
> "KIllustrator" would violate Adobe's trademark and I should pay 2500
> euro.

Hmm, They don't have any case here, simply said the copyright is on the
koffice team. Look at the about dialog for that.
That your name is mentioned in the authors section is irrelevant, you still
don't own the name.

I believe your proper response would be to say:
'KIllustrator is not my property, nor do I claim to have any rights on
the name, I am afraid you have the wrong person here'

But I am not a lawer, so you might better ask one before excepting my
judgement ;)