List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Cannot load KChart part of file (was: Re: Cannot load KSpread's demo file.)
From:       Nicolas Goutte <nicog () snafu ! de>
Date:       2001-06-30 23:06:13

On Sunday,  1. July 2001 01:37, montel laurent wrote:
> Le Samedi 30 Juin 2001 20:08, Nicolas Goutte a écrit :
> > I cannot load the KSpread demo file:
> > koffice/kspread/demos/features.ksp

(...)

> Send me all info.

KSpread shows a dialog box saying it cannot load the file:
"Could not open %1"
(I have written %1 instead of the file name.)

Can you do more with this extract of .X.err:

koffice (lib kofficecore): Trying to load tar:/Table1/0
kio (KTrader): KServiceTypeProfile::offers( KOfficePart, )
kio (KTrader): No profile, using KServiceType::offers, result: 8 offers
kspread:    desktopEntryPath=Office/kchart.desktop   library=libkchartpart
kchart: Constructor started!
kchart: InitDOC
koffice (lib kofficecore): KoDocument::setModified( true)
kparts: ReadWritePart::setModified( true)
!!!Unknown element found: data
koffice (lib kofficecore): ERROR: ERROR: Could not load children

> Otherwise I can't help you (sorry :( )
> vye
>
> > I have not the time right now to investigate further but if anybody want
> > further details or that I open an official bug, just tell it!
> >
> > QT 2.3.1 (compiled from source)
> > KDE CVS KDE_BRANCH_2_1 (compiled from source)
> > KOffice CVS 2001-06-30 18:23 UTC
> > gcc 2.95.2
> >
> > Have a nice day/evening/night!

Last minute:
The problem seems to be in KChart! I cannot load a KChart file I have just
saved. I will look at it more closely later. KSpread seems to be fine, as I
can load a newly saved file.