List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: Fwd: Printing from KDE: how to *do not* embed fonts?
From:       Vadim Plessky <lucy-ples () mtu-net ! ru>
Date:       2001-06-28 22:33:00

On Thursday 28 June 2001 19:42, Thomas Zander wrote:
|   Simple answer;
|   The way QT does things is the only way to get your font printed correctly
|   on all postscript printers.

Unfortunately, this is not the case.
While I can agree that QT can print Latin chars correctly, Cyrillic printing
has serious problems. 3 letters are missing when font embedded in document,
encoding is mixed up when I try to use Ghostscript font (whiuch I substituted
to Cyrillic).
Plus all other problems I have mentioned in my mail.

|   Intelligent answer;
|   ask the QT people.

Yes, I did (qt-bugs).
Unfortunately, no answer.