On Mon, Jun 25, 2001 at 08:02:18PM +0200, David Faure wrote: > On Monday 25 June 2001 16:54, Landshark wrote: > > That was the UI decision that we went with. More useful information could be > > displayed on the dock windows than in the toolbars. > > > > For example, the position/geometry looked funny on the toolbars so we put them > > on a dock window. The birds-eye widget wouldn't look too good on the toolbar > > either - dock window. > > > > At the time, I forgot about the embedding. > > I see... So can you find a solution for the embedded case ? Maybe those dockwindows > should appear as separate windows when an embedded object is activated ? > Maybe its best to pospone the real fix for QT3, as I understand QT3 will support more advanced toolbars, this means you can make everything a toolbar, and just drag it off if you want this extra-window you are using now. (and with the right defaults, nobody would be the wiser) -- Thomas Zander zander@earthling.net The only thing worse than failure is the fear of trying something new _______________________________________________ Koffice-devel mailing list Koffice-devel@master.kde.org http://master.kde.org/mailman/listinfo/koffice-devel