List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: frame editing in kword
From:       Thomas Zander <zander () planescape ! com>
Date:       2001-06-22 18:18:50

On Fri, Jun 22, 2001 at 08:53:04PM +0200, aleXXX wrote:
> On Friday 22 June 2001 19:47, Thomas Zander wrote:
> >
> > This is a non-issue, and basically I don't like technical people trying
> > to play dumb user. They simply can't.
> >
> > The pointer changes, the frame gets selected and the rest of the gui
> > changes (as you have said yourself).
> > And since this happens _immidiately_ the user will know that the mouse
> > click he just did was the cause.
> >
> > And every user knows about "I want to edit that, lets click it!"
>
> Hmm, actually I really feel like "dumb user" for kword :-)
> I clicked somewhere and suddenly I couldn't type anymore, I clicked around,
> still the same.

The only places you could have been clicking at that moment was on non-text
frames. Like on the page-background (the 1.5 cm space on every side of the page).

The _very_ basic rule is that people click where they want to type.

Its even inconsistent with other GUI parts, try pressing esc in a dialog,
see it this makes you able to edit the text in that dialog.