List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Disabling FAQ on web site
From:       Chris Howells <chrish () gmx ! co ! uk>
Date:       2001-06-22 9:29:59

Would anybody object if I disabled the links to the FAQ on the KOffice
web site (or probably replaced it with a "FAQ under maintenance" page)?

Sadly the FAQ is now hopelessly outdated, and I think that it is doing
more damage than good to KOffice by remaining in its current state --
e.g. a large number of the things in it are wrong, or do not apply to
KOfice 1.x, or only apply to KDE 1, etc.

<quote>

3.7. Is KOffice available on CD?

I don't know if you can find an outdated alpha snapshot on some
distribution or "treasure chest CD-ROM". Officially KOffice isn't
available on any CD-ROM at the moment. I doubt this will change until
there's a stable official release. Right now it just doesn't make sense,
because KOffice changes every day.

</quote>

See what I mean?

Unfortunately I do not have time to update the FAQ, although if somebody
would like to work on it (I believe that there is a new FAQ maintainer),
I would be very happy to put it back.

Thanks,

--
Cheers, Chris Howells -- chrish@gmx.co.uk