List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: Nwq latex export but...
From:       Robert JACOLIN <rjacolin () ifrance ! com>
Date:       2001-06-19 18:03:47

Hi,
sorry not to answer quickly but I'm _very_ busy.

Le ven, 08 jun 2001, Michael Johnson a

> This might be an area where we can work together. I have a partially
> working ki export filter for RTF. When I started I thought about latex but,
> I didn't think it had vector graphics markup. Obviously I was wrong. I
> haven't checked the status of the DTD in the last few weeks but, if it's
> still were it was, I will update that for you the best I can. I have
> several functions working and and I've spent a few hours figureing out what
> killustrator xml really means.
Yes the dtd is out of date :((( and it's one of the pb for me.

> Another offer that I will make is to create a latex standalone ki export
> filter with no kparts using my RTF filter as a base. This offer is
> contingent on latex having reasonable graphics markup. That would leave
> you, or someone, with the kparts job. - killu from kword and kword from
> killu. Maybe you've already created a filter of some kind.
Yes, I have updated my kword filter and it's pretty good except some little
things (see below). But I don't understand what you mean with kparts :((
(while I know what kpart is). In fact, I use a latex package : pstricks.

> Now that I know that latex can do vector graphics I suspect that you may be
> planning the same route that I would like to go - using kword and killu as
> a platform for kpresenter and killu as a building block for exporting kivio
> kparts.

I don't thing a really understand. My goal is to have a complete latex
platform in koffice. So the 2 main features I need are filter export in kword
and in killu.

My problem just now is the "matrix" markup I don't understand and the fact
killu doesn't support the "common filter class" like kword (so it's not a bug
from my filter).

If you have a fonction to convert the x, y, height and width by using the
matrix data it will be fine :))).

I will put my work in the cvs tree in the begining of july.

Thanks for all.

Regards.
bobby