List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: KWord - no option for 2 or more columns in Frame
From:       David Faure <david () mandrakesoft ! com>
Date:       2001-06-13 12:06:20

severity 27136 wishlist
quit

On Wednesday 13 June 2001 13:02, Vadim Plessky wrote:

> Package: kword
> Version: 1.1beta2 (using KDE 2.2alpha2)
> Severity: normal
> OS: Linux (i686) release 2.2.17-21mdk
> Compiler: gcc version 2.95.3
>
> It looks like to me that Page in KWord is, in many aspects, similar to one
> frame.

No, it's rather _column_ that is a frame.
So a page with only one column has only one frame, but a page with
two columns has TWO frames.

> But, I was not able to find option to have 2 or more columns inside inserted
> (text) frame.

You can simply create two frames side by side and connect them.
That will give _exactly_ what you want. It's just a bit more work than
in the page case where there's an option for the number of columns.

> Word for Windows has such feature
But not the same way at all, IIRC. It handles columns without creating a frame
per column.

> Otherwise, it will be quite difficult to port documents from WinWord to KDE.
I don't see why.

This is not a bug anyway, but a feature request for something like
"create N connected columns in this rectangle".
Please use the "wishlist" severity for feature requests.