List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: Labels
From:       Thomas Zander <zander () planescape ! com>
Date:       2001-06-03 18:39:57

On Sunday 03 June 2001 18:18, Kent Nguyen wrote:
> > They look nice!
> > I can't stop wondering though; would a wizard not be a nice thing? Using
> > a DCOP interface and asking the user which label-set he has. Then
> > creating the frames. Maybe even add features like spreadsheet/database
> > coupeling to fill the labels..
> > hmm, Its wonderfull to dream about the power of koffice ;)
>
> Thanks for the encouragement and word of wisdom.  Since I can't use dcop, I
> whip up an application to create labels, did the logic, just need to know
> what api to use to write a kword file.  David, can you help me?
>
> http://www.geocities.com/newyen/label.png
>
> I have the full specification to Avery labels -- all 1,500 of them.  Yes I
> had to sign an NDA to get it, but rest assure there is no clause in there
> that I can't redistribute the templates I do.  If you feel this is not
> enough, I can private message you about the specifics, including the
> dialogue I had with Brenda Dillion, an executive at Avery.

My idea was actually to select an Avery label-number and create a template
out of that. Which means the most of the stuff you ask for is known becuase
it is part of the specification for these labels.

But that might mean publishing the specification instead of the templates,
nasty things these NDA's...

David; IIRC we don't have the option to do wizards at the moment, right? What
about creating a filter-base and outputting the template the way a filter
provides a document?

--
Thomas Zander