List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: Labels
From:       Kent Nguyen <kent () mslinux ! com>
Date:       2001-06-03 16:18:49

> They look nice!
> I can't stop wondering though; would a wizard not be a nice thing? Using a
> DCOP interface and asking the user which label-set he has. Then creating
> the frames. Maybe even add features like spreadsheet/database coupeling to
> fill the labels..
> hmm, Its wonderfull to dream about the power of koffice ;)

Thanks for the encouragement and word of wisdom.  Since I can't use dcop, I
whip up an application to create labels, did the logic, just need to know
what api to use to write a kword file.  David, can you help me?

http://www.geocities.com/newyen/label.png

I have the full specification to Avery labels -- all 1,500 of them.  Yes I
had to sign an NDA to get it, but rest assure there is no clause in there
that I can't redistribute the templates I do.  If you feel this is not
enough, I can private message you about the specifics, including the dialogue
I had with Brenda Dillion, an executive at Avery.

--kent