List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: Adding names to implicit framesets in kword
From:       Thomas Zander <zander () planescape ! com>
Date:       2001-06-02 13:50:28

> Agreed about the "copy" in the header footer case. But the real point is
> that if you are intending to remove PIXMAPs, then this ability to elide
> multiple instances of an image into a single stored instance will be lost,
> since this concept is not natural to framesets.
>
> OTOH, perhaps this feature was a solution in search of a non-existant
> problem? What do the pros think (Thomas Z and D)?

Images still need some work, for starters. The concept of imagereferences is
however present in kword. Having one image object (in mem as well as on disk)
with a refcount and all works AFAIK.
Last I checked this was buggy in kword; deleting a pic from the doc still
saves the pic to the tar. Has to do with some refcount prob.

I think the solve David poses here is that pictures are stored in framesets
as opposed in pixmap tags is a correct one. The point is that both use(d) the
imageCollection stuff and the basis for that is correct.

--
Thomas Zander