List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: Visio file format
From:       Nikolas Zimmermann <wildfox () kde ! org>
Date:       2001-05-20 15:27:45

On Sunday 20 May 2001 16:27, Shawn Gordon wrote:
> Are you trying to build an import filter?  We've looked and looked and
> can't find a file format for Visio anywhere, it's just going to be a
> painful process of reverse engineering the file as you add pieces to a
> drawing.
Hello Shawn,

i haven't finished it 100% yet, but i tihnk i get it ready within 3 to 4
hours.
I made a Dia-Stencil Import Filter (not a koFilter, but direct kivio one, of
course)

It's working good, but i haven't done polyline and polygon implementations
yet, will eat sth now let's see how fast i'll get it done

Bye
 Bye
  Niko

> At 02:47 AM 5/20/2001, you wrote:
> >Hi,
> >
> >I was using "file" and "khexedit" to pierce into Visio stencil file format
> >(.vss).  I didn't get any where far.
> >
> >Has anyone here look at Visio stencils?  If so, have anyone written a
> > design how Visio stencils work?
> >
> >This is what I'm interested in the Visio stencils:
> >1)  Extraction of the image
> >2)  Extraction of the connector points
> >3)  Dimension of the shape
> >4)  Extracting of the name of the image