List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: Patch: thesaurus using wordnet
From:       Daniel Naber <daniel.naber () t-online ! de>
Date:       2001-05-19 17:50:20

On Saturday 19 May 2001 17:53, David Faure wrote:

> Hi,
> sorry for taking this long to answer this mail....

Thanks. I just learned that there's also KDict which does maybe 50-%80% of
what my patch would do (and other things)... Now I'm not sure anymore what
to do at all.

I have a new version of my patch which does parse the output of "wn". This
way no compile time configuration is required.

If ispell isn't installed, how does KSpell handle that? Maybe the same
behaviour would be appropriate for wordnet, too.

The fix for wordnet 1.6 is very simple, if we want to waste KDE's
bandwidth we could put "wordnet 1.6 kde" on our servers :-) Even if we use
the API I'd need help because you're getting back strange C data
structures.

Mhhhh... this is all very complicated. Also I won't have much time in the
near future. I suggest the following:

1.) I'll mail the Wordnet people if they can make a new release,
explaining our problems.

2.) Can you ask the Mandrake lawyers about the wordnet license?

This way at least some questions will be answered, even if the answers
won't tell us what to do :-)

Regards
 Daniel

Tel. 05241-59371, Mobil 0170-4819674