List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: kspread and pretty formulae
From:       Ulrich Kuettler <ulrich.kuettler () mailbox ! tu-dresden ! de>
Date:       2001-05-02 18:43:51

On Wednesday 02 May 2001 23:43, Laurent Montel wrote:
> Le Mercredi 02 Mai 2001 11:09, Ulrich Kuettler a icrit :
> >
> > So I think we can introduce the new lib in kspread and remove the old
> > one. ("We" means somebody who knows kspread. I'm afraid I cannot do this
> > by myself.)
>
> Ok, I will try tomorrow.

Great!

Just in case: A few words about using the new kformula lib.
(I always wanted to say this. :] )

- You need one instance of KFormulaDocument inside your apps document. It can
contain any number of formulae.

- The actual formulae are instances of KFormulaContainer. Ask
KFormulaDocument::createFormula if you want to have one.

- Any formula is able to read an old formula string. See
KFormulaContainer::importOldText. But please note that this method might only
be called while loading. It doesn't change the undo stack. So you better make
sure it is empty.

- If you want to edit a formula you need an instance of KFormulaView or
KFormulaWidget (which in turn uses KFormulaView). KFormulaView is the view
and KFormulaContainer the document.

- There are bugs.

I suspect the kformula lib will need adaptation if it is to be used by new
apps. Right now there's only kword, the kformula part and a small test app
that use it.

Uli