List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: Modifying KWord files / Interaction with KWord
From:       Thomas Siegmund <sgmd () genetik ! biologie ! fu-berlin ! de>
Date:       2001-04-25 12:25:03

Am Dienstag, 24. April 2001 04:56 schrieb Pascal.Niklaus@unibas.ch:
> I am working on a literature management program (project name is 'KCite').
> The program is similar to EndNote or ReferenceManager under Windows. It
> allows to manage a literature reference database incl. importing from

Hi Pascal,

like some other people (see thread "Hopeful suggestion for kword" on the
koffice mailing list) I have been thinking about an endnote like progamm for
KDE. Most of the things needed for this seem to be in place: a good word
processor, the ioslaves to access databases like medline, database backends,
a library to access them and finally kugar which could provide much of the
code for the formatting of the reference list.

As a scientist I have some experience with endnote and would make a KDE
version myself if I only had some more spare time. Unfortunately I do not,
quite common in this job, but I'd like to offer some help below the level of
coding (testing, telling kword developers how important kcite is, making
styles for a number of journals etc.).

If there is anything I can do to support KCite, please let me know.

Thomas

--
Thomas Siegmund
Freie Universität Berlin