List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    KFormula fonts
From:       Andrea Rizzi <rizzi () kde ! org>
Date:       2001-04-14 16:19:00

Hi all,
thx to Claus we will be soon able to use AMS (i.e. TeX) fonts inside
kformula. This means a lot of math symbols, nice integral,brackets etc.
The problem is that we have to provide these fonts with koffice, the 2 ams
packages are of 800Kb and 1.8Mb, we may reduce this getting only the needed
stuff and remain under 1Mb...

What do you think ? It is too much or we can ship the fonts with koffice ?
We can also ship a ver-very reduced package for basic formula functionality
that (I guess) may be no bigger than 200Kb and than ship the other fonts in a
koffice-extra package.

Note that actually we rely on "symbol" font that may be different in
different distribution and that provides a very poor artwork. So I really
want to use the AMS type1 fonts.

Bye
Andrea

Registered Linux User No.71426  |       ***  KDE Project  ***
        Andrea Rizzi            |  http://www.kde.org/
mailto: Andrea.Rizzi@sns.it     |  http://www.kde.org/international/italy
        rizzi@cibs.sns.it       |  Projects: KOffice,KFinger,KTranslator,
        rizzi@kde.org           |  Italian translations teamleader