List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    kspread: methods working on selected cells
From:       acfb () stw-bonn ! de
Date:       2001-04-01 15:03:28

Hi,

some days ago I posted a patch that modifies some of the mehods in kspread_table.cc that
work on the currently selected cells. Most of these methods are very similar: append an undo
object, check what is selected (rows, columns, cells) and then do something to the selected
cells. Thus the common part can be put into one method and the differences can be put in (as
I called them) 'CellWorker' objects, that do the actual work on the cells/rows/columns.

Unfortunately there was no reaction to my mail. Before continuing with this kind of work I
would like to know wether you think that it's a good idea to do what I started. As I pointed
out in my last message, this code reuse greatly reduces code size and simplifies the
affected methods extremely; and it better reflects the structure of the problem.

awaiting your comments,

Alexander