List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: kspread: multiplicative paste
From:       Laurent Montel <lmontel () mandrakesoft ! com>
Date:       2001-03-27 7:07:03

Le Lundi 26 Mars 2001 20:42, Alexander Bürger a écrit :
> Hello,
>
> I tried to develop a little patch to allow filling the selected region
> with the clipboard contents (attachment).
>
> As far as I can see, pasting works good. But there are problems with undo,
> when there are complete columns/rows in the clipboard. E.g. if you copy
> one row and paste that into two selected rows, undo "works" on the first
> of the two pasted-to rows and to the row above, but not to the second row.
>
> Basically I added two properties to the clipboard contents: the number of
> columns and rows that were copied/cut; it is not possible to reconstruct
> these numbers from clipboard, as only non-default cells are stored. When
> pasting, I just repeat loading the cells from clipboard as often as
> necessary to fill the paste area. Unfortunately, there are these undo
> problems.
>
> Yours,
>
> Alexander Bürger

Hi,
I looked at your patch it's a good idea, but there is some problem :
-When you select an area which is smaller than the area which is copied
and you want to paste area, you can't paste. So it's not good.

-And there is your problem (undo/redo) when you copy/paste column

I think that the first point is a problem in undo code (kspread_undo.cc)
but the second, you must test if there is the place to copy the area.

Bye