List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: part of kformula
From:       David Faure <david () mandrakesoft ! com>
Date:       2001-03-06 22:36:01

On Tuesday 06 March 2001 22:25, Ulrich Kuettler wrote:
> On Tuesday 06 March 2001 15:41, David Faure wrote:
> > On Tuesday 06 March 2001 14:28, Ulrich Kuettler wrote:
> > >
> > > Ok, I moved the specific actions into the lib. See
> > > KFormulaContainer::createActions. But what to do about the icons? Right
> > > now the icons are in the parts directory and it works.
> >
> > The kformula-part's directory ?
> > It won't work if another app uses the lib then. Unless you add the
> > kformula-part directories to the "icons" resource when the lib is being
> > used. IMHO that would be the best solution.
> >
> > > I don't want to move the part's icons
> > > because I want to use the old lib's ones which are already there.
> >
> > Not sure I understand that sentence.
>
> I'm sorry. The point is: The current lib has nice icons in
> koffice/lib/kformula/pics. These are the ones I want to have in the new lib,
> too. And as the new lib will go into koffice/lib/kformula once the porting is
> done, there is no need to move those icons. But if we cannot have a lib icon
> dir, they could go to the part, too.

Ok. But I wasn't completely right. We _can_ have something like a
"library icons directory". All we need to do is to register it (whereever it is)
to KStandardDirs's icons resource, in the library initialization code
("main" constructor). Then any app or part using the lib will resolve the
icons just fine.

> > > Another thing: I wonder whether it is a good thing to have KFormulaWidget
> > > being a QWidget. It makes sense for the part but do you want to have a
> > > new widget for every formula in kword?
> >
> > No, I don't think we want that in KWord. We want the formula to be painted
>
> Ok. So I have some more work. :-)

Sorry :-}

> > I won't have time to integrate kformula in KWord any time soon - getting
> > the basis of KWord to work is obviously more urgent. But I'd be glad if
> > you had a look, based on the suggestions I gave before on this list.
> > (The more I think about it, the more it seems that QTextCustomItem is the
> > way to go for formulas in KWord). If you don't, I'll take care of that, but
> > not anytime soon.
>
> I'll try to do it. Let's see how far I get.

Great !
Don't forget to use the KWORD_RICHTEXT branch for KWord.