List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    RE: Numbered paragraphs in new kword
From:       Nicolas Goutte <nicog () snafu ! de>
Date:       2001-03-06 11:09:40

Please, do not forget a function where the user can force the number of a
paragraph. This is an useful feature when a big document is split into few
small ones (for example each to be written by another author!) This feature
is also needed for some import filters.

You seem to describe only paragraph numberings in the decimal style (for
example: 1.1.1.) Don't forget that other numbering system exists!

You could look at chapter 12 of the CSS2 Recommendation (
http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-CSS2  ). In chapter 12.6.2, there is even a list
of the most used numbering systems in the world (mostly *without* precise
description).