List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: KWord status, good news
From:       David Faure <david () mandrakesoft ! com>
Date:       2001-02-10 20:32:48

On Friday 09 February 2001 14:17, Thomas Zander wrote:
> > Did anybody try yet to port qrichtext, qtextview and qtextedit back to 2.2?
> > It should only require some changes in qrichtext (alignment flags, using
> > fm.width( str[ i ] ) instead of fm.charWidth( str, i ) and very few more).
> >

> It took me 2 evenings to give up.
> I was finding a lot of calls to things like QPainter printtext, with bidi options. (new
> to QT3)
> And other stuff I have no idea how to backport. I mean, I can just use old versions of the
> methods, but since I don't know the richtext classes nor have an advanced knowledge of QT
> I was wondering if that would not break a whole lot. So after some work, I just decided
> that I was probably breaking to much to end up with a working version, and I stopped.

I just finished the backport of QRichText to Qt 2.2.4, building up
on Thomas's experience and Reggie's advices :)

I used a Qt3 namespace for the new flags, replaced a few new inline methods
with their contents (QPainter::translationX/Y()), and I commented out the
place which was calling the right-to-left stuff, so that we don't even
need QComplexText at all.

It compiles and links (no undefined symbols), at least, but I don't think I
broke anything since this was straightforward.

I can't commit this yet, because now I need to port KWord to this new QRichText ;-))