List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: KWord status
From:       Reginald Stadlbauer <reggie () trolltech ! com>
Date:       2001-02-09 14:11:21

On Friday 09 February 2001 13:19, David Faure wrote:
> On Friday 09 February 2001 13:20, Reginald Stadlbauer wrote:

> > > If you refer with QTextEdit to QTextEdit and not the richtext engine in
> > > general, yes this is right.
> >
> > Oops, which is "the one we have"?
>
> I was talking about the one in the branch.
>
> I definitely agree that QTextEdit (and its engine, everything) are the way
> to go. The question is, what can we do NOW, since we have an old QTextEdit
> around, and the new one requires to wait for Qt 3.

That is a good question. Taking the QTextEdit (or rather QTextView, QTextEdit
is only a subclass which makes it not to be read only) from the branch and
starting working on that is probably bad, as the one in the 3.0 snapshots is
more advanced (has undo/redo with formatting information, zooming, etc.) and
stable.

Did anybody try yet to port qrichtext, qtextview and qtextedit back to 2.2?
It should only require some changes in qrichtext (alignment flags, using
fm.width( str[ i ] ) instead of fm.charWidth( str, i ) and very few more).

--
Reggie (reggie@trolltech.com)